Pet & Animal Policies
A welcoming and safe environment is paramount to all of our residents. To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies (No Pet and Animal Policy / Pet Policy / Animal Policy) we require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Please find the category below that best describes you to get started
No Pets or Animals
This is a required application process for anyone that does NOT own a pet or animal. There is no cost ($) to you for completing the application process
This is a required application process for anyone that owns a household pet. This includes dogs and cats and might include pets that live in cages such as birds, hamsters, rabbits, snakes or fish tanks (because of the contained water) so please ask your housing provider for clarification regarding these types of pets
This process provides a HIPAA compliant and secure way of submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) that will be reviewed by a third-party legal review team to ensure the accommodation request meets HUD’s Fair Housing Act guidelines. There is no cost ($0) to you to submit an accommodation request. Please make sure you are aware of your State’s laws, if any, for submitting a fraudulent accommodation request
* NOTICE TO ALL RESIDENTS & APPLICANTS: Everyone must complete the screening process. This is not only for pet and animal owners but also for residents and applicants that DO NOT own a pet or animal.
Pet & Animal Policy
If the landlord allows pets at the property you are applying for, these policies will be in effect.
- There are a maximum of 2 pets allowed to reside at any property we manage and will be subject to an additional $500.00 security deposit withholding per pet.
- No violent breeds (please Google violent breeds for a list of breeds not allowed).
- Tenants agree to keep their pet from being unnecessarily noisy or aggressive and causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and will remedy immediately any complaints made through the Owners or Manager.
- If you or any guest or occupant violates animal restrictions (with or without your knowledge), you’ll be subject to charges, damages, eviction, and other remedies provided in this Lease Contract. If an animal has been in the apartment at any time during your term of occupancy (with or without our consent), we’ll charge you for de-fleaing, deodorizing, and shampooing.
- ALL Animals must have Proper Identification, Licenses, and Vaccinations completed and current. All dogs and cats must wear identification collars or tags, which include proof of current vaccinations.
- Tenants are Responsible for Their Pets and Their Pets Actions. Tenant accepts all liability for any damage or injury caused by or to their pets. Tenants agree to have all pets included and covered by their renter's insurance policy in which is required per this lease agreement.
- Tenants agree to keep their pets under control at all times, so that they don't disturb other tenants and their guests. Pets are to be on leash or in a secured enclosure at all times in common areas. Tenants are to clean up after their pets, both inside their residence, and in all common areas and other parts of your property you occupy. Pets are not to be left outdoors or unsupervised in their residence for an unreasonable period of time. Small reptiles are to be kept in terrariums, hamsters in cages, and birds should be kept in cages.
Assistance animals (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) are not considered pets and will not be subject to the above restrictions/requirements, although are still required to complete the review process referenced above to validate their accomadation request.
Pets (including but not limited to: mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, and insects) are allowed only if we have so authorized in writing. You must remove an illegal animal within 24 hours of notice from us, or you will be considered in default of the Lease Contract.
As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal and California State Fair Housing Laws and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial and Marital Status, National Origin, Ancestry, Citizenship, Disability, Gender, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Genetic Information, Immigration Status, Military and Veteran Status, Primary Language, Sexual Orientation, or Source of Income.
Powered by PetScreening